Abandoning the practice of consuming any animal products and switching to plant-based foods are identified as veganism. A vegan diet contains plant-based food only. Several scientific studies, as well as GI health specialists, have supported the fact the switching to a vegan diet can help avert chronic diseases. Some of the most conspicuous benefits of a vegan diet are as follows.
1. Vegan diets provide more fiber than animal-based products. Plants also rich in potassium, magnesium, folate and vitamins A, C and E.
2. Plant-based food boosts good stomach health. Veganism is the best method to promote a good gut health.
3. According to digestive health specialists, vegan diets help lose excess weight. Since the calorie intake is limited, these are more effective in losing weight.
4. This diet lowers the blood sugar level and improves kidney function.
5. Prostate, breast and colon cancer can be prevented by adopting a vegan-based diet.
Hence, it can be concluded that
The plant-based food is categorized into different sub-sections. These are summarized as follows.
1. Apples: Apples are a rich source of vitamins A and C, potassium and phosphorous which increases the good bacteria in the stomach, allowing proper function of the body. The apple skin contains the most nutrients, so always remember to consume it whole.
2. Chia Seeds: Containing omega-3 fatty acids, two tablespoons of chia seeds can reduce inflammation, cholesterol and regulate bowel movement. Sprinkling these over different meals is a good way to consume these.
3. An Assortment of Berries: Blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, and strawberries are a good source of fiber and vitamin C. these berries contain loads of anti-oxidants which keeps the gut happy and healthy.
4.Oats: Oats are rich in soluble fiber and contains minerals such as copper, zinc, vitamins B and E. all these combined allows oats to keep the digestive tract moving and on track. It also helps keep the cholesterol levels low.
1.Yogurt: The healthiest probiotic content is contained in yogurt. It improves digestion and the overall condition of the body. Yogurt is extremely feeling and comes in a variety of flavors.
2. Kimchi: Kimchi is a Korean dish that includes fermented cabbage seasoned with spices. Extremely healthy for the gut, kimchi injects the right number of good bacteria in your stomach.
1.Ginger: if you suffer from gas or bloating, then ginger is the herb to try out. It eases stomach discomfort, controls nausea and stimulates proper digestion. Ginger can be consumed any way you want to. You can either use it in the dishes or make tea with it.
2. Cayenne: Not only does cayenne add a handful of flavor to the meals, but consuming it limited amounts can improve the flow of digestive juices, which further boosts digestion. If you suffer from heartburn or have a hernia, it is better to consult a doctor before consuming it.
3. Cumin: This spice is used in a variety of dishes to add flavor. Cumin is also great to eliminate bloating. It also stimulates digestion.
Thus, it can be well-deduced that vegan-based diets are great for a good digestive health.
If you are still suffering from digestive disorders, get a GI endoscopy done to diagnose the disease and subsequently treat it. Visit the top gastrointestinal clinics for a proper checkup at an affordable price.
Testing for colon cancer just got easier. If you don’t already know, Cologuard is a new competing technology for colon cancer screening that is simple and ease of use. It involves no prep, no sedation, and most importantly, its effective. What exactly is Cologuard? Cologuard is a cancer detection test. Specifically, it tests for genetic Read More…
The practice of Kurt Vernon, MD, The GI Guy, is proud to announce that we have received a ‘Tier 1 Designation”, a high quality recognition from one of the nation’s largest health insurers – Blue Cross Blue Shield of NC. BCBSNC Tiered Network utilizes administrative claims data to identify high quality, low cost providers and Read More…